Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IreneIssh

What's up with this point business?

7 posts in this topic

Every time I make a point I'm told I earned a certain number of points. What are these, and how are they determined?

(My apologies if this is explained somewhere I couldn't find any information on it anywhere on the board :?)

HA first mentioned it here:

Quick question - what are the points I see when I post something? Can they be redeemed for .... stuff?

Its some sort of dumb reputation system, or something. We have it turned off on the real site, but haven't done as much customization here.

Maybe we can have a prize for the person who racks up the most points. I wonder if there's somewhere in the back end where I can sort users by that...

I can't find anyplace that lists the points. They seem to just go into the ether. I'll look around some more in a bit.

and then it's also discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=109

Note: I was going to suggest you search for it, but when I tried, it said "points" was too common a word -- I guess because every post has points assigned? But I don't see the number of points mentioned on each post -- in fact I don't even see how to know how many points I have or anyone else has... So I'm not completely sure why it doesn't work to search, but oh well...

HA first mentioned it here:

Quick question - what are the points I see when I post something? Can they be redeemed for .... stuff?

Its some sort of dumb reputation system, or something. We have it turned off on the real site, but haven't done as much customization here.

Maybe we can have a prize for the person who racks up the most points. I wonder if there's somewhere in the back end where I can sort users by that...

I can't find anyplace that lists the points. They seem to just go into the ether. I'll look around some more in a bit.

and then it's also discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=109

Note: I was going to suggest you search for it, but when I tried, it said "points" was too common a word -- I guess because every post has points assigned? But I don't see the number of points mentioned on each post -- in fact I don't even see how to know how many points I have or anyone else has... So I'm not completely sure why it doesn't work to search, but oh well...

I tried searching for it, but, yeah, it wouldn't let me. At least this should help answer some other folks questions too! Thanks so much! :D

It's completely... Pointless!

Insert David Caruso donning sunglasses GIF

YEAHHHHHHHHHHH

Won't get fooled agaaaainn-- :lol:

Josie's face in your avatar says it all. :mrgreen: